GARYSBURG, N.C. — The following is a complete guide to what racers need to know before attending the season opening American Kart Racing Association (AKRA) / Hoosier Kartsport Road Race Nationals May 5-7 at the NC Center for Automotive Research (NCCAR). WKC is thrilled to be hosting Round 1 of the 2023 AKRA national series with this new event at NCCAR.
Any updates to this informational guide leading up to the event will be posted here on woodbridgekartclub.com and the Woodbridge Kart Club Facebook page.
To print this guide, click HERE.
NCCAR AKRA National Hosted by WKC – May 5/6/7, 2023
- Location – NC Center for Automotive Research, 310 Technology Drive, Garysburg, NC 27831 – I-95 NC exit 173.
- License – You must hold a current valid AKRA membership to enter and race at this event. Weekend AKRA memberships are no cost to all current WKC members and $20 to all others. Every driver must have signed the AKRA membership waiver. All Minor Drivers (17 and under) must have a 2023 AKRA Minor’s Waiver, signed by a parent or guardian.
- Entry Fees & Schedule:
Pre-registration opens Wednesday, March 15, 2023, at 7pm.
Pre-registration pricing will end, and at-track pricing will begin, Tuesday, May 2, 2023, at 7pm. Online pit pass purchase will end at this point.
Practice Day – $125 pre-entry, $160 at-track
Race Entry – $140 pre-entry, $160 at-track
- Registration – For online registration, WKC uses the RaceDay program. If you have already created a RaceDay account and need help logging in or resetting your password, please contact RaceDay direct or Rodney Smith at RodneySmithWV@comcast.net for help. Please DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT. It creates havoc with our registration and scoring systems. Our system assigns kart numbers by user profile. The number you choose must be on the kart at pre-grid and post-race inspection. The number you choose may not include any special characters (i.e. !&$) and may only have the letters K, W or X as a suffix.
- Pit Passes:
All participants must wear the red NCCAR wristband at all times.
Driver – Pre-Entry $35, at-track $40.
Non-Driver – Pre-Entry $25, at-track $30, after 5pm Saturday $10.
Children 7 and under – no charge but must have a wristband.
- Gate, Pit Pass Sales & Entry – Sponsors will be permitted entry to the track at 4:30pm Thursday, with other participants to follow. Please do not line up early for this event – Technology Drive is not wide or long and we are prohibited from blocking the access to the massive Lowes warehouse. The NCCAR gate will be open from 5 pm Thursday through the end of the event. Pit pass sales will be open 4pm to 10pm Thursday, 6am to 10pm Friday and Saturday, and 6am to 1pm Sunday. Pit pass sales are cash or check only. New arrivals at NCCAR after 10pm Thurs/Fri/Sat who have not prepaid for their wristbands will have to wait until 6am the following morning to access the track.
- Paddock & Power – There are 70+ spaces 20’ by 50’ in the gravel South Paddock and an additional 40+ spaces 20’ by 70’ in the grass North Paddock. Limited power will be available for purchase at the event in the South Paddock. WKC Sponsors have first priority for power purchase if they preregister and will be contacted to reserve their paddock spaces and power. Power pricing: 50 amp $50, 30 amp $30, 20 amp $20. Cash sales only. You must have a WKC band on your power cord or it will be removed. You may need a 50a to two 30a splitter and 100’ or more of power cord to access power. There is no power in the North Paddock this year.
- Race Fuel – There will be no fuel for sale at NCCAR. Sunoco 110 in 5-gallon buckets is available for purchase during pre-registration for $90/bucket. To enable delivery to the track, fuel sales will end Wednesday, April 12, 2023, at 2pm. You must have completed your transaction (checked-out cart in RaceDay or mailed-in payment received by WKC) by that date and time and bring your date-stamped transaction receipt from RaceDay or WKC to get fuel at the track. Fuel for 206 classes is available at the Shell station at I-95 NC exit 176.
- Food Truck – The 10-33 Cook House food truck will be at the track Fri/Sat/Sun from 7am to 2pm, serving breakfast and lunch.
- Accommodations and Dining – There are many hotels and restaurants in Roanoke Rapids, I-95 NC exit 173, 3 miles south of the track.
- Camping – Available Thursday – Sunday at no cost to participants, Showers available.
- Quiet Time – 9pm to 7am, no engines allowed to be run.
- Vendor Notice – Contact Van Gilder at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to sell or display at this event.
- Have Questions? – Email Arthur McKenny at email@example.com for questions about the track and procedures. Email Rodney Smith at RodneySmithWV@comcast.net for questions about registration. Email Bob Wimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a WKC sponsor for 2023.
Of course, questions can always be asked via message to the WKC Facebook page.
For more information on NCCAR, visit the track’s official website at nccar.us.